Tuesday, March 06, 2012

{my father-in-law}

Grandpas office
{November 2011. Justin, our boys, and my Father-in-law, John}

Today my Father-in-law begins his first round {of 12} of Chemo.
He was diagnosed with Stage three cancer February 15, 2012. He recently started a blog to keep people updated as well as reflecting on this trial...and other things in life.
I've known Justin's family since August of 2007. I will never forget the first time meeting them, and that I was forced to go against my will {even as my parents tried to coax me with the mention that they had TWO sons my age} but had a wonderful time...and I think at least my parents and I knew this was the beginning of something good. And it was.



If you get a chance, check out his blog HERE.
He is a wise man, who loves the LORD and I am thankful to know him.

in the meantime, here is a snippet:

"Every human being is afflicted with a far more dread disease than cancer. All of us are sinners by nature and thus by practice. We all, because of sin, justly deserve the eternal wrath of God against us. Most people in the world do not feel that they are in any real danger. They do not see themselves as particularly sinful and most certainly do not fear God's anger against them. The good news about Jesus is only good news to those who know that they are afflicted with the disease, sin and God's just wrath against us for our sins, which Jesus came to heal."

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'll be praying for your family, Anne!

Amy said...

praying...

xo,
Amy

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man. I hope the best for him and your cute family.

Bethany said...

I am sorry Anne. My Dad just finished up his treatment for cancer. We are praying it is all gone and that his strength returns. I will be praying for your father in law