Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day!


You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.Richer than I you can never be-I had a mother who read to me. - Strickland Gillian.

Just a few thoughts. In case you did not know, I have been blessed with three Moms. Yes three.
The first is my Mother Cherie. This woman I am most partial too, she has put up with me her whole life after all! Being the only daughter I would say that I have have been extra blessed since I get her all to myself as far as girly things are concerned. This has been a nice benefit. My Mom (who is often mistaken for my sister) has always been there for me no matter what is so patient. She is gentle in response to all her children and this is an amazing quality. Something I hope I can be with my children. Her love for Christ and her desire for others to know and love him more makes me want to be more like her. She was not perfect but she did a heck of a good job parenting four chidren, especially with three boys to follow me. I am so thankful to be able to spend the time I do with her since we live only a half-hour away from each other.

The second woman is someone who has been in my life since the day I was born, my Aunt Sue. This woman means so much to me, I don't think she will ever know how much she has impacted my life. As kids we all spent a lot of time at each others homes, and when I was at my Aunts house, I was treated like one of her kids which always made me feel great. She even punished me, I will NEVER forget getting my mouth washed up with soap! But she has raised four incredible children of her own, Jeff, Vanessa, Nicole, and Josh. Vanessa, Nicole, and I have been the best of friends since, well since our first meeting as infants! What I love most about her is her encouraging words. Through the years I have recieved many letters and notes from Sue, always ending with encouraging words from Gods word. I have a letter she sent me at a really hard time in my life posted on one of our bathroom mirrors and everytime I step out of the shower I see it; and not only think of her but am encouraged by the words of our Savior.
Lastly, but certianly not least is my Mother-in-law I gained nearly four years ago. My relationship with Jane means so much to me. Besides her amazing scrapbooking, her sense of humor is like mine, so we get each other very well. She has been an amazing Mother to all of her six kids, but most amazing is having Jared at home and seeing her care for her oldest son. Everyday I know is hard, living his accident over and over; but she does it, and amazes me so.

I am so thankful to have these three women in my life! I have some other women I am so thankful for and look up to, but these three make the top of the list!

Happy Mothers Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Anne! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»