Friday, September 15, 2006

great...


"Health officials are trying to find the source of a multistate E. coli outbreak and they're warning consumers that bagged spinach may be the source. One person has died and dozens of others have been sickened in the 10-state outbreak. The FDA is warning people not to eat bagged spinach and says washing it won't solve the problem because the bacteria is too tightly attached."- CNN.com

So yesterday I had a spinach salad for lunch.
Make that a tainted spinach salad.
No wonder it was on sale.
And of course my Mom bought it.
A little scary.
The outbreak is in ten states.
And yes, one of those states is Wisconsin.
Furthermore, the only death from the tainted spinach is IN WISCONSIN.

I am not sick or dead...yet.
So far so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big spinach eater too...maybe that is why my stomach has hurt all week...must be made of steel though. HEE HEE. I saw that it was a lot of brands also. Including two that I had bought. Just had to thow a brand new unopened bag away. Sheesh if you can't eat spinach safetly what is the world coming to. That is like my main source of iron. I eat it almost daily. Glad you are still alive!!! Glad I am too.

Ashleigh said...

I heard about this. I like to buy bagged fresh spinach, but hadn't bought any in the last several weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I also just purchased a bag of spinach 'On Sale'. Do you think they knew? I wonder. Anyway, my bag of spinach is NOT going to the garbage it is going back to the store for a refund. I think the news people have some deal going with the produce people... 'hey if we tell everyone to just DUMP their spinach what do we get.... Yeah right, I'm getting my two bucks back thank you very much. I guess your mom and I are cut from the same fabric. : ) Two bucks is two bucks. I think I'll go get a Starbucks coffee.