Friday, August 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Martha and Tony.

Today Martha Stewart turns 66 and Tony Bennett turns 80...Oh yeah and it is my Birthday too. It kind of snuck up on me ...with all the "events" going on these last few weeks it is not that surprising. I do like birthdays, I really don't mind getting a year older, I like feeling more mature, more wise...or something like that. I think what I like most is just looking where I am at. We try to picture where we will be at certian ages, and while this year is no real milestone (just another year closer to the big 3-0) I never thought I would be where I am. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining I just did not think I would ever live in Kentucky, have two kids, and not have a clue what is next. I always knew I wanted to get married, have kids, and stay home with them, but I guess, kind of like my birthday, it all snuck up on me. I never wanted a high profile career, sure at times I have a fervor for such things, but when I have time to pause (which is rare) and reflect on my life I am amazed at where I am, who I have become, what I have learned, and how much I still have to learn.

12 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday Dear Anne Happy Birthday to you CHA CHA CHA!!!! Have a fun day. BTW those cupcakes look super yummy. I am so stinkin hungry. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anne! Blessings on another year, friend. Do something fun for yourself.

Ashleigh said...

Happy birthday, Anne! I'm blessed by your friendship.

Anonymous said...

ANNE-A-RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, here's a diddy...
have you ever heard of P-Diddy?
It's not his day, at least I don't think so...
let's celebrate your BIG DAY and be happy! At least you're not 3-0!

(yet)

Sara said...

Happy birthday!! I hope you have a fabulous day! (I always think Friday birthdays are the best :)).

Anonymous said...

Scrolling down and looking at your "little warriors" I'd say your "career" is going just fine. Happy birthday Annie-Pannie. XOX
Love Dad

KT said...

Happy Birthday!

Zoe said...

It's your Birthday! It's your birthday! Happy Birthday!

Zoanna said...

Happy Birthday, Anne. It's good to read your post and feel I can relate (though I have passed the 3-0 AND the 4-0) I still have these thoughts like, "Never thought I'd be HERE"--and mean it on multiple levels! Enjoy the end of your roaring 20s. It's a great decade, but it keeps getting better.

sarah said...

Happy Happy Day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anne!!!!
I know I am a little bit late, but I mean it! I wish you the best!
I hope you enjoyed you day!
I loved your post.
By the way I linked you blog. Now it's easier to find. Is that alright?
Have a nice day!
:->