Thursday, December 08, 2005

Crimson

This song made tears stream down my face. A great song about the connection of the fall in the garden, and the death on the cross.


One choice
One tree
One fall for humanity
One lie
One liar
One bite is all death required
One great regret
One squandered chance, and yet One hope
One day
One name above all other names
One bridge between then and now
One way to discover how
One price
One tree
One drop of crimson covers me.


Only piano plays in the background while Nichole Nordeman's unique voice sings the words to this beautiful song. Listen to part of it at: http://www.nicholenordeman.com/media.aspx The song is called crimson.

5 comments:

Jane said...

March 23, 2006
Nicole is going to be in Madison at the Alliant Energy Center, with her Lifesong Tour.
WE NEED TO GO!
[as soon as the tickets go on sale, I am going to be all over it!]
~mom jane

Jane said...

Then we can go again on
April 27, 2006 in Champaign at the Assembly Hall at the U of I.
That would be so cool!
~mom jane

Danielle said...

That song is so gorgeous and one of my favorites off of Nicole's new CD and chills me to the bone. The first time I heard it I replayed it like three times! Besides the beautiful poetry of the words, I was thankful for Nicole's creativity. The music is not Nicole's but the "Prelude in E minor" by Chopin, a song I learned on the piano long ago and loved for music's sake. When I heard that song and recognized it and realized she took a classical song just as it was and added lyrics, my appreciation of Nicole as an artist jumped leaps and bounds.

Patrick said...

I'll offer up my house to stay if you want to come all the way down to Champaign for the concert. ;)

anne said...

We MUST go!