Friday, April 07, 2006

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

Awoken by the pitter patter of raindrops against the window, with the occasional gust of wind. Again.
I have been longing for spring. Winter has been like a joker, playing tricks on our minds. I see the sun and head outside to feel the warmth, only to be slapped in the face by a nasty wind. The next day a warmer one, to be enjoyed. I think, it is finally here! Only to be followed by a bitter overcast day... In like a lion, out like a lamb.
The last few days it has been raining, on and off. I enjoy the rain at night all cozy in bed, or even when I first wake up. During the day however, I like the sun peaking in the windows, greeting me when I go out the front door. But these days the sun has remained hidden. Taking a long nap I guess.
But, it has not been all that bad. This week I have been more exhausted than ever. I have always been go, go go, but I was forced to relax more this week. When I was pregnant with Maxwell I worked full time up until a week before he was due, but this time having a 1 1/2 year old to chase all day long, my energy runs low before dinner. I have been "nesting" a bit this week, organizing Maxwells clothes that he has grown out of, laundry, a vigorous cleaning of our bathrooms, and today Max and I went grocery shopping.
I am trying something new, making a menu for the week of meals. We will try to stick to it as best we can, but I am sure there will be a few bumps in the road. I am good about making a well -rounded dinner at night, but as for breakfast, lunch, and snacks for Max, not so good. Lunch is almost always Mac and Cheese, but I want to expand his taste palette to sandwiches, fruit salads, and veggies. Lately I have been doing a lot better during breakfast, raisin bran one day, pancakes the next, scrabbled eggs here and there, and sometimes yogurt and granola.
Max loves breakfast.
"peas, peas. " is the first thing he says each morning to me to rush me into the kitchen.
I love our mornings together, quiet as we sit together, waking up to a new day.
Back to this week. I have been able to reflect more on Christ because of the rain. I admit I have not been so good about being in his word this week, next week I will strive to do better, but thinking about his awesomeness, goodness, love, has left me awestruck. I mean, seems like a no brainer, but through my marriage, watching Maxwell learn and discover new things, seeing Maxwell grow and show love to me and Justin as his parents, my passion to know Christ more is growing. Reflecting on his goodness to us by sending his son to die for me. I pray that he would continue to reveal his goodness to me, that I would cling to him alone, let my worries fall behind me as I put my complete fatith and hope in him. I want to know him more, and hope that I can continue to grow in and through him daily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these little peaks into your life! I just can see you and little Maxwell at your breakfast. I'll be praying this week for you!