Wednesday, November 14, 2007

preparing for Thanksgiving

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:6).

This year as we head home to Wisconsin to be with our families, I am especially thankful for what God has taught me this year. While I know how little I still know about him, I am so thankful for what he has taught me, how much I have grown and what he has revealed about his mysterious self to me.
Trust Christ. There is no greater happiness than in him. You can be thankful for the past, the trials you've endured, all things in your life, and you can, with faith look forward to the future. There is nothing greater, more healing, more lasting than with Christ. Your sins forgiven! Eternity with him! What is greater than those promises?
Thank God for all his promises for us because of Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I hope you have fun seeing your families. I love the holidays. I am so excited. There is nothing better then seeing all your loved ones.
I always love your posts. You always help me realize I have so much to be Thankful for. Thankyou....

Ashleigh said...

Thanks for the reminder, Anne!