Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baby Bjorn and the past few days...


Can I just say I love this thing. I actually got is as a gift from my Grandmother for Maxwell but he did not care for it much. Evan on the other hand, could probably live in it...and he pretty much does. He spends the majority of the day in it, sleeping or looking around. I have three slings too,but I am more of an older baby sling user. I think I was a bitunsold on the Baby Bjorn, too expensive, not comfortable, but now I love it.
Justin's Grandmother passed away this past week and yesterday the family spent the whole day together and Evan spent the whole day in it, not making so much as a peep. Maxwell on the other hand, well lets not get into that. Lets justsay he is definitely in what they call the "terrible two's". I have to say though I feel a little bad since so much is going on in his world right now; a new baby, moving, lots of family gatherings that I know are very wearing for him. But he loves people and can adjust to most situations well so I am proud of him too.
I guess these days have been wearing on us all lately. As we were getting ready to leave yesterday, (it took us over 2 hours to get ready) I mentioned to Justin that I felt like we were Hillbillies...Justin could not find a black belt, I had NO pants or black shoes(that I liked anyway), Maxwell had no dress shoes, and well Evan, he looked cute. Somehow we got it together. Justin borrowed a belt from my brother, I found a pair of mystery pants that I had not packed away (and they fit!), borrowed shoes from my Mom, and Max actually looked cute with his gym shoes with his dress outfit. On the way home last night though, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I always like to stay awake when we are driving late home, I love that time with Just. The boys sleeping in back and just us and the quiet, open road.
Justin is stressing about finishing his thesis, it is so funny because we are so different, yet so alike in many ways. When it comes to crunch time, things are getting close to the deadline and stress levels begin to rise, I begin working at my best. Justin on the otherhand begins to freak out and really stress way before the end, but we both manage to always get it done. Somehow.
Anyway, life is a bit chaotic right now but it is good for us. A good reminder that God is in control no matter what is going on, he may be teaching us things that we do not even recognize right now. God is amazing. So mysterious. So perfect, that we need to just continue to focus on him and his glory no matter what is going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys sound so busy! I'll continue praying for you all. Sorry about Justin's grandma!

Patrick said...

Anne,

I feel your pain about the stress and always being on the road. It can definitely be trying. Have Justin give me a call sometime, I don't think I have a current phone number for you two.

al said...

He is SO enduringly perfect, Anne. True that. And thanks for the reminder!