Monday, July 30, 2007

just when I thought things were getting back on track...


Yeah...you see this is why I hate Mondays.




started off all wrong. In the shower I washed my hair twice. Not that odd you may think, but it is when I did not realize I had just washed it 1 mintue earlier until I realized I was reapeating the same motion. Lately, (as you can probably tell from my previous posts) I have been a little stressed.
The boys and I ran out to Barnes and Noble to pick up a book I had ordered. All was fine, until we had to leave. I think you know where this is going...
In short, Max did not want to leave and I strapped him into the stroller and pushed the boys out as fast as possible. We get to the car, he is still wailing and I get him in the car, stick the keys in the ignition to get it cooled off before I get Evan and the stroller in. I turn and...
nothing.
Again.
No dice.
Great. Just great.I have a screaming toddler and my car won't start. I am looking around the parking lot for someone anyone to help me. I am carrying around Evan while a tearful Max is pouting behind me. I ask not one, not two, but eight people and none of them have jumper cables.
Of course....what else would I expect?
I am standing outside the store trying to calm Max down before we go in, I figure we are going to be there awhile before Justin can get to us from work, so we can sit in the cafe and the boys can play trains again.
But before I head back in a girl I asked about jumper cables is back with a cookie and milk for Max, and a guy who HAS jumper cables!
We get it all hooked up and nothing.
I thank the man for his efforts and he then asks if he can take us anywhere. I am trying to decide if I should let this stranger take me home, and the girl is back asking if she can take us. She works at Barnes and Noble and tells us she told her boss about the situation and can take us home. Again I thank Dr. Stanley, he tells me no problem, he has two young boys himself and he heads back into the store to get his reading materials.
Tiffany piles the boys and I into her cute black sports car and soon we are home.
It is then that I realize I left my house keys...where else but in my car. I tell her I can try to break in through a window or just hang out in the yard until Justin gets home, in like an hour. I thank her profusely for the ride and all her help ( I MUST send a thank-you to her at work) and soon the boys and I are hanging out on the deck. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers.
Our sweet, sweet neighbors behind us bring us some water to drink as we fill them in on our days adventure. Soon Justin is home and all I want to do is cry...my last few weeks have been stressful.
We get back to the beast and we miraculously get it started. We get home, I pull it in the garage, try to start it up again and no. So, after doing some research we either need a new battery or alternator.
I am thinking about never leaving the house again...unless I am walking, but even then I am not so sure. You never know, the stroller could break apart on me.
Thank goodness I have a good sense of humor, otherwise I might just have to be committed at this point.
So on to...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled 'Jon & Kate...plus 8!', because I am watching it right this moment and your blog came up.
Interesting!

Ela



www.vaam.blogger.com.br

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! What a sanctifying day. Sorry about all that happened, but it IS great you have a sense of humor. I'm sure there are lots of people who wish they could respond in the same way.

Anonymous said...

My goodness!! What a couple of days you've had the past few weeks. I'm sorry about the car. I'm dreading the day I get stranded with the boys. Anyway, I'm reading this on Tuesday so I hope TODAY is better than YESTERDAY!!

Ashleigh said...

Anne, I felt SO bad for you. What a day. I'm going to be praying today ends up being a not-stressful day for you that's filled with joy and peace. Love you girl! Hang in there.

Bethany said...

When it rains it pours. Hang in there....it will get better.

Bethany said...

Hey Anne look at the bright side at least your hair has been washed two times. I have not been able to wash my hair in three days!!!!! I think I am going to start having dreads. Every time I try or get in the shower she wakes up screaming and I have to hop out before it is washed. I am really hoping today it gets done.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Sorry you had such a rough day. It seems like when it rains-it pours. Hopefully today is a better day for you. :)

Anonymous said...

All I can do is laugh, and it's not a mean laugh, it's a "i know what you're going through laugh". These are the days!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh dear Anne...I have to say I had a little giggle. Again! It's the way you write these stories, you manage to put a humerous side to them and they make me smile in a "I bet that will happen to me now" kind of way!
I hope today is much better for you, I hope the rest of the week is :-)
xoxo

Zoanna said...

Sorry about the car. Does remind me of our car woes at the moment--alternator and ball joints, etc. YOu do have a funny way of presenting your suffering, though. I was snickering in a "I know the feeling" sort of way as I've realized my house keys are as far away as my broken down car and there we sit on the deck....

Zoe said...

I hope you enjoyed a tall glass a wine that evening or a good beer! Yesterday I was on my way to visit with a friend at the beach and I had forgotten to shave my pits...but I had thought about it in the shower?? I prayed it wouldn't be the start of a bad day and that no one would notice!