Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008.

1. the "beans and rice" diet. Both Just and I want to lose some weight. Justin came up with the whole "beans and rice" theme, so we are sticking with it. Just go with it. We want and need to eat more fruits and veggies and we want to encourage our boys to love them as well. We are eliminating all "goodies" from our home. We get enough "goodies" elsewhere anyway. We hope this goes well and it sticks.

2. the "beans and rice" budget. Simply put by my husband, "short term sacrfice, long term gain." We are going to try and save, save, save this year. This is going to be hard for me, I like to shop, I can often be impulsive, and thus we have like zero dollars saved. I have been extremely irresponsible with our money in the past, I have been selfish and worldy and I want to change that.

3. Listen better. Be a better friend.

4. Try to be more patient with my children.

5. Be more appreciative of my husband and all he does for us.

6. Take more photographs. Take better photographs.

7. Read through the Bible in one year.

8. Memorize 52 bible verses. My father-in-law has a great system he recieved from a friend, and I have decided it is time to branch out from the few verses I remember from childhood.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Happy New Year!

Bethany said...

Your beans and rice look really yummy. I want some. PS I have a yummy black bean starter that you cook all day and freeze in portions and make all sorts of things with. I got it from my sister....I will post it when I have some time.

Good luck on all your resolutions....you can do it.

Anonymous said...

This is great! I have a resolution to actually post or journal my reflections of studying the Bible. I have noticed so much by actually recording what God is doing that it is really helping me understand God and how He wants me to view Him.

These are great resolutions! I am trying to be more frugal as well. This starts by not really leaving the house. You might think I'm kidding :-)

Love ya, glad to see you back.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Happy New Year. Looks yummy. You will have to keep me posted on how it is going.
I love all your resolutions.
How was your Christmas? Hope it was great.

Chad said...

we had our beans and rice tonight...yummy!