Thursday, July 09, 2009

Happy 30th Jared Paul.

evan & jared (2006). I know I posted this picture last year, but I love it.


Today my brother-in-law Jared turns 30. When his birthday rolls around each year, Justin and I always reminise about the GREAT times we had. He even throws in some great childhood stories.
I met Jared right after he turned 18. I'll never forget the first time I met my now in-laws.
I was about to enter my senior year of high school, and "too cool" to go hang out with some family,because I had plans with friends, duh! I remember my parents said something like "but they have two sons your age!"...like I cared, I already had like 5 crushes going on!!
I'm glad I went though. I remember I felt so welcome in their home from the start. Jared really sticks out in my mind that day (I actually hardly remember Justin at all, he was so shy, and so smitten with me, and my beauty from the time he first saw me...ha!), he was so kind, fun, and energetic.
Anyway, I left thinking what a great time I had...and after that we became close friends. For the next two years, Jared, Justin and I spent endless hours together with other friends, and soon Jared was off to Wheaton College in Illinois. This was after Justin and I started dating, and I remember calling Jared more than once on advice in dealing with Justin :)...he was such a good friend to the both of us.
Happy 30th Jared! We love you and miss you very much!