Tuesday, May 29, 2007

backyard bliss



When we moved into this house the backyard was, in a word, atrocious. The previous owners had a dog that I swear was trying to dig his way to China, the back of the house had a bunch of dirt against it, bare and boring, and there was this odd patch of grass that looks like maybe there was some sort of garden there at one time but the lay of the land is slightly higher than the rest of the yard.
Anyway, Justin is working on some sort of drainage system in our yard (in which he has dug a huge trench) and filled all the holes the former dog made, and we have put in edgeing and a are working on planting some perrenials along the back of the house.
But our most favourite is our Gazebo. We waited patiently for it to go on sale at where else, but Target! As soon as it did we pounced and got the last one they had in stock! We love our little oasis and since we get sun most of the day on the deck it is nice to be able to sit under it after being out in the yard working or playing. It is especially nice at night with candles lit and our small laterns lit up.
There still is a lot of work to be done but we are proud of what we have done so far.

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

It looks GREAT, Anne! I especially love the wicker chairs and the hanging lanterns. It's so inviting!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Hi Anne, thanks so much for saying Hi on my blog. I love meeting other blogging Mum's like myself! Your little boys are super cute, you're very lucky :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the lanterns and the gazebo. I bet it is beautiful at night. I love those cloth gazebos, they're so romantic and probably keep the bugs out. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!