Thursday, May 31, 2007

10 months




Evan,
You are almost 10 months old(June 8), hard for me to believe. You are so grown up though. You are trying to do everything. You want so badly to be just like your older brother and you are doing quite well. I think you share his love for puppies. Every time you get a hold of Maxwell's stuffed puppy "jack" you kiss his face and laugh. The neighbors behind us have a little dog named Cole and whenever he is out you are there at the fence waiting for him to come say hello to you.
You put everything into your mouth. Everything. Maxwell never did, but you do it all...anything you can. You are good about not swallowing, but we have more than a dozen times fished things out of your mouth. It is very necessary that we always know what you are up to.
Your love for spatulas and wood spoons makes me wonder if you will be a chef when you grow up, but you equally love the dishwasher which makes me think you will be an engineer like your Daddy. On the other hand your passion for books( and eating them) gives me the idea that perhaps you will be a writer/journalist/or perhaps a world renowned photographer. Whatever you do, I can see your attention to detail will be present.
Your laugh gets me every time. It is so often, and so many times from your belly and it is SO contagious. You are always happy. I love it. I love how you get so giddy at the sight of a Popsicle. It is your new found love. You open your mouth and lick as much of the juice you can out of that thing and cannot wait until your next lick.
Speaking of your mouth, you bite! You go at anything. You get excited and your off ! You go at the your stuffed moose without thinking twice, Maxwell's puppy just as easily, and you go at us. If you perhaps may want a snack, I have noticed you start gnawing my arm. It is like you are starving or something! At least it does not hurt, yet! Silly boy!
I have to mention how extremely adorable and handsome you are at this age. Your brown eyes, are just to die for, so big round and beautiful. I could tickle your chubby little legs for hours and you love when I play"this little piggy" with those chubby toes!
You love to be chased. You crawl around our ottoman as fast as you can just waiting for me to get down and crawl after you. As soon as I
am game you are off racing as fast as you can for me to catch you and grab your toes and you squeal with delight.You have been doing this thing with your hands lately, where you get so excited and stretch your arms out and open your hands and yelp in pure excitement. Makes us laugh...and then you of course laugh in return...anytime anyone lets out a giggle you get a case of them.
Another thing you do with those little fingers of you is pinch! You are quite good at it too! You get excited, and pinch away...I have little bruises on my arms from you grabbing so hard!
My most favorite thing though, that always accompanies your laugh is your big smile. Those two bottom teeth showing through. It always makes me want to kiss your adorable chubby cheeks, and I usually do.
You have been such a joy in our lives, and I am so glad to have such a wonderfully happy boy who finds excitement in almost anything. We thank God for you.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

What a wonderful letter to your cute little boy. Your descriptions are so vivid, I love it! Great pics. He's getting so big.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

This is such a sweet letter to your beautiful little boy...he is gorgeous. An absolute treasure :-)

sarah said...

beautiful child, loving mother. awesome post.

Ashleigh said...

Beautiful pictures, Anne!

Anonymous said...

His cheeks ARE to die for! So cute. What a nice little tribute to your little guy.

Anonymous said...

Anne I dont know if I ever told you but your a great mom.

Bethany said...

What a sweet letter!!!! Okay Anne I am loving your pics. THAT FIRST ONE IS SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your composition, the light the story it tells. It is so great. And my other fav is the one of him crawling in the grass....great angle tooo cute. Love it.

Chad said...

Don't care what anyone says...that kid looks like Anne.

Zoanna said...

Wonderful letter, full of sensory imagery. You inspire me to do the smae with my kids, though they are all MUCH older. IT's a good thing to write down how their God-given "bent" shows from such an early age. And I , too, love the first picture. Little boy, big window, and the crawling shot tells quite a story.

Sara said...

What a wonderful ode to a beautiful boy. Hopefully blogs will still be around by the time he can appreciate it! Otherwise, you definitely need to print this (in color so you can enjoy the photos, too) and put it in his baby book. Great job, Anne!! And you're a very lucky mom. :)

Anonymous said...

He's so CUTE! A sweet letter. You should print it out and save it for him to read when he's older!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

What a cute letter. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

love it!! he is growing up so fast!