Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Friends Who Sharpen.


By Anne Swanson

A couple of years ago I missed the wedding of Angie, one of my best friends from high school. Angie was heartbroken. And I felt awful that I wasn't there to celebrate with her.

Sure, there was the excuse that we now lived hundreds of miles away from one another, but I could have found a way to be there, if I'd really wanted to. The truth is, blowing off friends had become somewhat of a pattern for me. I'd been doing for months.
Read on here...

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I left a comment for you over at Ungrind, but this was a great article, Anne. I've been thinking about friendships for a while and this gave me even more to think about.

Anonymous said...

I loved it too :)

Megan said...

once again, i could've written the same things, but wouldn't have said it as great as you! i love those articles!

i was always great at "moving on" through friendships, aided GREATLY by having so many large transitions in my life, but once i "grew up" i knew it had to stop! i try to not just be on the surface, but i also function SO WELL (seemingly) without a lot of close people in my life, that i have to really TRY to be growing closer and closer to other women, because i know how important it is! (it's just that so many people annoy me...:) ) i often think about how jim has been my longest, closest friend, who i'll never "phase out" of...and i hope over the years, now that i'm "old" that my now close relationships with others will be richer.

Megan

Destiny said...

Great Article!