Tuesday, November 03, 2009

last week.

These two...
endoct.2009 032
can get into a whole heap of trouble together. Did I mention Addie is a month OLDER than Liam? He's a monster!! I had 5 kids one day last week! Well only 4 about half the time as Max was at school...but I have to admit that it's true what they say... after you go from two to three, anything after that is like piece of cake...or something like that. {Megan you TOLD ME SO!} And so with 4 kids 3 and under I made bread.
endoct.2009 071

Look. I've never been much of an artist, but for my first attempt at baguettes I think they look cool{ish}. While my dough rested and rose this was going on...
endoct.2009 037

Evan was in charge since Max was still at school and the younger three soaked up every ounce of energy Evan had to offer. They were pretty fun to watch at ages 3, 2,1, and 11 months.

It was quite the afternoon of children...and bread....oh, and pumpkin muffins.
pumcup.2
pumpcup.1

But back to the bread.
endoct.2009 072

This bread is SO easy and I highly recommend the book I got the recipe from.

DOUGH: Simple, Contemporary Bread {by, Richard Bertinet}

I'm TELLING you, if I can do it, you can too.

It is so incredibly easy and even I, yes lil' ol' me can make some tasty, yummy, and {sometimes} stellar looking bread.

It's good stuff.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, a) you go girl! and b) I think you should've included a third muffin in that shot because immature children like me conjure up images of certain female anatomy otherwise, LOl!!! (Go ahead and delete this comment off your famiyl blog, I totally understand.) ;)

anne said...

Katie.
OH MY WORD...you KILL me...you MUST BE breastfeeding still !! ;)
I never even saw that. HILLARIOUS

I added another shot...in case other minds were wandering...

Kelly Sauer said...

lol - wow. What a day. I'm gonna mark this post; I've been wanting to bake bread lately! Easy is right up my tree right now!

Katie said...

I want the supple muffin recipe... (sorry, couldn't resist.) That icing looks SOOOO good my mouth is watering... looks like it has cinnamon in it, or something?

Kimberly said...

HAHAHA!! I love the bread, looks so yummy. And the muffins sound divine. But really, isnt anything with some cream cheese frosting?

Danielle said...

I've been making lots of bread too. I've been making stuff from the book "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" and last night made some really easy popovers to go with some soup. I love carbs!

Anonymous said...

The bread is beautiful...would love to taste it! And surprise, surprise Evan loves being the big boy.:) Mom

Josh said...

Seriously, what WERE you thinking with those muffins?! What's with the....you know...thing on the top resembling something else? I can't imagine what else that could be but....you know...

Anonymous said...

"DOTS" is a copyright you know!