Thursday, February 16, 2006

Old Man Winter


This morning I woke up to a pitter-patter sound on the window...and then I heard thunder? As I peeked out the window a gust of wind blew snowflakes against the pane, and crashed down to the ground to join the rest of the white. I listened some more and sure enough there was thunder.
I threw on my robe and headed in to get a chatting Maxwell out of his crib. I headed into to the kitchen to heat up my morning tea, and it dawned on me. Two days ago Maxwell and I were outside at the park with light jackets on enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. Yesterday we walked a friends dog with sweatshirts and vests on, and now this! This winter has been nothing less than unpredictable! I read my friend Danielle's blog this morning, and she had mentioned how the snow in Maryland was slipping away, it seems to have headed up here.
Maxwell is thrilled to say the least. On my way back from the kitchen I caught him in his room gazing out the window and shrieking with delight! He turned and looked at me with such excited eyes, I knew we would have to go out later on.
So as the snow continues to fall, we will continue to enjoy it. Justin is going to head home early this afternoon, so we can all go out together and then head in for some hot chocolate by the fire. Ah, the joys of winter.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Here were I live, it's almost spring-like, all I wore was a turtleneck and a vest! It has been a weird winter for us too.