Tuesday, March 21, 2006

a bad case of the Mondays...

so today is Tuesday right? Still feels like Monday to me. I cannot seem to get going this week. I have accomplished a lot so far this week, but I feel like I am running in slow motion. Pregnancy catching up with me perhaps...the belly slowly venturing outward so I can no longer see my toes!

Last night I was having a hard time falling asleep. I was thinking about the hard things in my life. Things I have had to deal with. I had no desire to read the word, but I knew I had to. I read about Job. What a amazing man. To trust God so completely. To have hope despite the complete destruction of his life. I wish I could be more like that. I can. I mean compared to Job I would say I have had it pretty easy. I would say that perhaps I have been through more than the average 25 year old in my short life, but still nothing compared to losing EVERYTHING. I think I am a strong woman. I hope that I would have faith like Job, and put my life in God's hands alone. It would be hard to not wallow in self pity and lose my senses. I hope that I would be strong, stand firm, and continue to worship Christ. I hope I can do that today, tommorow, and until the day I die. For he alone is my only hope.

that's all for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you so much Anne. I want you to know how much your blogs bless me. You always have so much to share and you are so honest with your feelings and where you are at with your relationship with God. I have been having a long Monday this week too. The Lord gave me Psalm 4 : 4 to 8 today, take a long meditative look at it. I found it encouraging.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet post you left on my blog! I’ve enjoyed “getting to know you” via blogs and feel like we’ve known each other forever. I’m so thankful God brought you into my life into my life this way! I hope you’ve been more encouraged today (Wednesday).