Thursday, March 16, 2006

march madness

madness...complete and utter madness...

This morning I awoke with Maxwells head on my shoulder. His heavy breathing could be felt across my back. Soon after he sat up and soon was begging me to get up to get him breakfast.
"peas, peas. "
I threw the blankets off of us, and we headed for the kitchen. Shredded wheat sounded good to me, and Max concurred when I showed him the box. We poured a bowl and sat together. Even though I dread mornings, the peacefulness we have together while sharing breakfast is something I look forward too.
The rest of today we have spent watching the NCAA basketball tournament. It was a nice restful day. Maxwell spent the majority of the day practicing on his Little Tykes hoop. Justin and I filled out a few brackets (against family and friends) and with my competitive nature I always want to do well. I think I probably know more than the average woman about basketball, but I am no expert. I know a lot of what I know from Justin. Anyway, during a game today, Boston College against Pacific I nearly lost it. The game went into double overtime, an intense game, and Boston College pulled off the win at the the end. I shed tears. Joyful tears over a basketball game. I do have Boston College doing well in the tournament, so I was desperate to see them win. As the games end tonight however, although not in last place I am not doing so well. Maybe tommorow will be better.
Ah, the drama. This is what pregnancy does for you. Justin was stunned I was actually shedding tears over a game. Madness...complete and utter madness.

1 comment:

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.