Friday, March 24, 2006

get a move on...

Justin and I are at the point in our lives where we ask, " What now?"
Justin is finishing up graduate school this semester, and will be looking for a job in these next couple of months. He considered getting his PhD, but I think we are going to forgo that idea. So, being the over-anxious planner that I am, I hate not knowing where we will be in five months. Plus the fact that we will have a new baby in four and a half months makes me more crazy.
We have talked about moving to Arizona, Texas, the East Coast, but moving too far from our families is not that appealing to either of us. Plus, my Father-in-law said "you're not those kind of people" meaning we could never move that far away. He is right. I am rooting for Chicago area. At this point Justin and I have the only grandchildren that our parents have so they would be sad to see them gone, both of our extended families are close by too, and we would miss them greatly too.
I must say I am excited too, we are finally going to have a real income, hopefully purchase a home in the next few years, and we will be settled down somewhere. When we were first married four years ago we were both still in school, and even after I graduated I only worked full time for about half a year until we had Maxwell. Now, Justin is finally graduating and we hopefully have a real income as opposed to a graduate student income.
Pray that we would seek Gods will for us, where he wants us to go and that we would move forward with willing hearts and trust in him to guide us.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

Move to Chicago, close enough to visit family, close enough for friends to visit... ;)

Anonymous said...

I’ll be praying for the Lord’s direction for your future! What’s your husband’s graduate work in? I can’t imagine how you folks do it: being in school full-time, having kids to care for, etc. I have several friends in the same situation as you. I’m so impressed, I don’t know how you do it! Whenever we have tight finances I think of people like you, and that keeps me from complaints! Thanks for your example!

Tara said...

I remember Chris & I leaving for Pastor's College wondering where the Lord would lead us. We both were open to God leading but our desire was to return to AZ near family & really the church that we had come to love. I will say a prayer for you guys! God is always faithful to bring wisdom when asked! Even though I understand the desire for Chicago we would make sure you had nice warm welcome in AZ! Warm has a double meaning ;-)

Ashleigh said...

Hi Anne! I found your blog through Danielle's. My husband and I moved across country last August when I was six months pregnant. Prior to that he'd been laid off, which resulted in several months of unemployment. So I know that feeling of trusting God in uncertainty and praying for His guidance and direction.