Saturday, July 01, 2006

*Fireworks *


After getting home after a bunch of running around today, Just, Max, and I spent some time out on the deck. We lit some candles and enjoyed the warm summer air. We happen to live in a great part of Madison, there are lots of bluffs around, a bit like Colorado...just no mountians...not quite the same.
Anyway, back to the point. Off to the south we noticed someone was shooting fireworks off. The problem was that this was not a professional fireworks show, so they were only setting off a few at a time with like 1o mintue intervals in between. When they came Max cheered, when they left he began this bird flapping thing accopanied by, "more...more..." he obviously has no idea we have no power over these things. But the best part was that after about the third interval of these fireworks they shot just one off. Maxwell goes,
"Ohhh...kaaaaay...." in a tone like, alright I want some more here people and I am not going to cheer for real until I know they are here to stay. The show lasted about a half an hour, and afterwards Max chatted about it like it was the show of the century.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

How cute! I remember how much I loved fireworks when I was young too. Somehow the hold a more special magic when you're younger, it seems to me.

Ashleigh said...

Love his response to the fireworks! Isn't it great seeing kids experience new things and watching as joy covers their faces? :-)

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»