Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happy 4th Anniversary!




4 years ago...my favorite part of the wedding!
(I do not have the professional photo scanned into
my computer, so a friends copy will have to do!


this picture taken last weekend from
the wedding we went to.

Today Justin & I are celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary. We have been together for 8 years, married for 4. We have been through a lot together, some great highs and some low lows, but one thing remains the same, Christ. He has given us each other, he has always been there through it all, and my hope and prayer for us as a couple, and as parents is that Christ would be reflected through our relationship. That we might as one know him as best we can and share his love and what he has taught us to our children and others.
Back last September I refelcted a little about how marriage should be, and I thought I would share it again!
" What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?"
I really love weddings. Nothing sends my heart into a delirious excitement like a wedding. To see two people consumed with love for each other, and ready to experience the rest of their lives with one another makes me ecstatic. When I married Justin I felt an incredible joy and security that this man was taking me to be his wife forever! It is almost impossible to describe the happiness I felt.As with all marriages there are good times and bad. The honeymoon does end, and often times in our day and age many marriages do as well. It saddens me to see so many marriages end up so broken and bitter.It is so amazing to think of your marriage when thinking about your relationship with Christ. So many give up on their marriages so easily, as they do with Christ, but there are those who cling on to Christ when their marriage is in distress. This is our only hope. I have realized that my husband will not and cannot make me happy. Only Christ can. I can experience Chirst's glory through my marriage by loving my husband through good times and bad. I cling unto Christ when I feel as though Justin just does not understand me, because he cannot read my thoughts...But Christ can. And I cling unto Christ when things are good, so that his mysterious ways may be revealed to me so I can trust him more, and love him more deeply.I read once that you cannot love someone "too much." The problem is that we love Christ too little. How true is that! I do love my husband more than I ever thought possible! But, my husband will fail my expectations...All spouses do, but Christ never will! My love for Christ should be even more so! He has given us such an incredible gift...himself! Better than any other gift we could ever think of!EVERTHING in our marriage can reveal Christs' character. We can really discover and get to know him through it, or, we can battle everyday in our broken world to try and find happiness in our spouse which is impossible. To respect and receive respect, humbly seek and extend forgiveness, and so many other aspects of my marriage can be revealed though Christ and his purpose for our lives; for his ultimate glory!


I am so thankful that God has given Justin to me and I am looking forward to us growing old together! For more on the celebration of marriage God bringing two people together as one I suggest you checking out my friend
Danielles blog who is celebrating her second anniversary with her husband Josh, hope your day is special!( ps- Happy Bleated Anniversary to Bethany and her hubby too!).
As for us, I am so thankful for such a loving, handsome, hardworking husband. Thanks for being so good to me after I cried about Maxwell destroying my wedding bouquet yesterday. You always know how to make me laugh, I love how much we laugh. I love when you always know something is wrong and always work things out with stubborn ol' me. I love you!
Happy Anniversary.

10 comments:

Alec Wojciechowski said...

hey congrats....now find me a date.

Suzanne said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Danielle's blog. My husband and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary today, too! Happy Anniversary!

Ashleigh said...

Anne, congratulations!!!! I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on how marriage should be. They're excellent and so true!

Julia said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! Love you guys so much! It's crazy that it's been four years!

Bethany said...

Congrats. Happy Anniversary to you too!!!

Danielle said...

Congratulations to you too! Your thoughts on marriage are so ture. No person will make us whole, only Christ. Thanks for your encouragement too. Love the pictures!

Sara said...

Happy anniversary, neighbors!! Love you both! - S and K

sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your thoughts...your words "only Christ can make me happy" have really stuck with me. Wise words!!

Zoanna said...

Praise the Lord for His goodness to you in the form of a great marriage.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»