Thursday, August 03, 2006

25...alright give or take a few years. Alright give.


(*picture sent to me from my Aunt Sue)
So this is the year I have decided to for the rest of my life,
or as long as I can get away with it say I am 25 +/- a
few years. I am nervous as I head towards 30, not even
sure why. I have no reason to fear the big 30, I am not
scared to be old or anything like that. I guess maybe I
just feel like everyone longs to be in their 20's forever
and my years are dwindling away.
I do not like to make a big deal about my Birthday...
some people do, and I actually like that people get
so excited about their birthday, but not me.
I like to just see and talk with those I love, lay low,
perhaps go out with my husband for dinner, and
that is good enough for me. This year though I
have a couple requests, one that God would
continue to be the center focus of my life and
that I would spend more and more time with
him daily and rely on his will for me not what I
want. Second, that I would go into labor...and
soon. Pray these things for me.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey I AM 32.5!!!!!!! Old toot I am!! HA HA. I remember feeling old as I approached 30 also. But now I am over the hump and it isn't sooo bad. I have gotten to the point when I go to the store and someone cards me buying wine I get all happy and do a little dance to the car. HEE HEE. Getting older is hard sometimes though. I know my metabolism drastically slowed down and 25 and again at 30. Shedding pounds is not so easy anymore. But on the flip side I am looking forward the to the future. I think it is going to be fun to be 80. I am going to be the old grandma that says stuff that no one else can believe and pretend like I don't know what I am doing. HEE HEE. Can't wait to do that. I LOVE OLD people as much as I love kids. I think there is a wisdom and a love of the moment that comes with age...and unless someone is hard hearted you see it in their eyes and smile. I think that is why I adore eldery people as much as I adore silly kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Anne! (Happy Birthday, by the way!) I'm 28 and can't believe in two years I'll be 30. I guess I'll have to be grown up then! :) I feel like such a youngster, though. I'll be praying you have your baby soon, and you can pray that I'll be pregnant before I'm 30!!

Ashleigh said...

Well, as long as we're all revealing our ages ...

I'll be 28 in September and I find myself feeling the same way at times. Sometimes I sit back and think, "Man, how can I be almost 30?" But other times, I sit back and think about the beauty of growing old -- of showing the signs of a life well lived and a family loved.

Anyway, Anne, I'm praying you go into labor ...

... and Danielle, I'm praying you welcome a new little life before 30! :-)