Monday, August 28, 2006

moving...part 1

This week begins part one of our two part moving escapades. We are moving to my parents this week/weekend until our move to Kentucky in November or December. Moving twice in the next four months! At least I will not have to pack as much the second time around since we will be storing most of our stuff until we get to Kentucky.
Pray for us this week, in these upcoming months. I admit my nervousness about moving to Kentucky is increasing daily. I want to be 100% supportive to our decision, to Justin's job choice for the next four years, to all the changes. But I also know that it is going to be hard to move away from our families, all our friends, but I want all to know there is an open invitation to our place anytime! I have only heard good things about the Lexington area so I am excited about that, and it is only 8 hours back to Madison, 6 to Chicago, not too far away but far enough for me for now. I am also excited to meet new people, and hopefully we can find a great church home. Overall I am more excited than apprehensive, but just pray that we might be able to make a smooth transition to Kentucky, find a great first home, find a great church, get connected, and most of all continue to trust Christ.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I will be praying for you. I know exactly how you feel. I had Jude then two weeks later evacuated for a hurricane then came back cleaned up the mess and put our house on the market. That was so stressful having to leave at the drop of a hat with a 2 year old a nursing baby and a 75lbs dog. The couple that bought our house was the one that I had a breakdown on and couldn't leave. HEE HEE. Then we moved into my parents house from Thanksgiving through new years. Then flew to CA and moved in with my in laws. We lived with them for almost a year while we searched and then worked on our house. So believe me when I tell you I know exactly how you are feeling. IT is not easy but it is good to move and change and experience new things and new perspectives. Let me know if I can help with specifics any way. I will email you if I think of anything that really helped me.

Hugs

Ashleigh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashleigh said...

Anne, I'm praying! We also moved cross-country last year and it can be exciting and scary all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Bethany, I'd have breakdown too!

Anne, I'll be praying for you. I've moved alot in my life (although not with little ones) and it can be so stressful and all you want is things to be "normal" again. I'll be praying for peace and joy in the process!