Monday, August 07, 2006

the last days...



Although I am VERY eager to meet our new little one, the
realization that these days are the last with just the three
of us has set in. It is really bittersweet, the birth of a new
baby and the loss of the complete focus of your first born.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is wonderful for kids to have
siblings, but I have to admit I am sad to see Maxwells and my
time together evaporate some as my focus shifts to the
attention this new baby will need.
So this week as I (and others) pray that I would go into labor,
I am enjoying my time with Max, playing games, reading a lot,
spending time outside(now that it has cooled down some it
is much more tolerable) and just being silly together.
He has no idea what is about to enter his little world, but in
the end I know that he will be a great big brother...my first born.

7 comments:

al said...

Anne,

Here's wishin' and hopin' (and thinkin' and prayin') that you'll go into an easy (is that possible?) labor - and soon!

Bethany said...

OH it might be hard at first for him but he is gonna end up loving his little brother. I remember thinking how am I going to love another kid as much as I love Seth. But it happened. And it is hard but you can still take some time alone with each kid to make them feel special. But I totally understand what you are feeling. I felt the same things. That first born ...it is just such a special time and no other will be like that.

Sara said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! I wish I could be there to help welcome little baby Swanson into the world! You're gonna do amazing, and it'll all be worth it. All the praying has paid off - an early delivery! YAY!! Love to all FOUR of you!! :)
Sara

Bethany said...

Anne
I have been praying for you all day. I know about long labors. I so feel for you. I know you are not reading this now but will when it is all over. So know we all have been thinking of you today. Can't wait to see your new little munchkin!!!!

Danielle said...

Praying for you Anne! I heard you're 12 hours into labor and will be praying baby Swanson arrives soon!

Alec Wojciechowski said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alec Wojciechowski said...

way to have a baby...

all I have to do to be an uncle is stay alive...