Monday, May 22, 2006

cleaning...


Ah spring cleaning, nesting...whatever you want to call it; I am in the midst of it.
Since we will be moving in a few short months...I am trying to get rid of as much clutter as possible. It took me awhile to get in cleaning mode, but I am in it full swing. Two weeks ago I dropped off five bags of old clothes and stuff that has not seen the light of day since we have been married to goodwill. Last week I sold some stuff to Platos closet (a second hand clothing store) and made some dough on some of our old things we have not looked at in years. It was actually pretty funny because Justin was upset because I got rid of some shorts he had( that were seriously hideous and not to mention probably from 1996). The second hand store rejected them because they were too outdated so I took them to goodwill. He was upset when he realized they were gone, and just knows he will see some guy wearing them around town. Doubt it. They will probably burn them. They had to go.
I have to admit, I may have an illness, at least as far as my kitchen is concerned. I cannot stand even a dish in the sink let alone things on the counter. I like them tucked away in the dishwasher or drying on the drying rack after being washed. I am a little more chill when we have guests, I can usually wait until they have gone but I may have an illness. When I used to babysit when I was younger, I would clean and scrub kitchens for the kids parents, they loved it but I did too. When Justin and I started dating I cleaned my now in-laws kitchen all the time too after we ate, but then I realized it was pointless because my father-in-law would come re- arrange the dishes in the dishwasher...like I would do if someone loaded my dishwasher! I think he has a touch of this illness in the kitchen too.
Anyway, back to the cleaning I reorganized our pantry and all our cabinets in the kitchen, Maxwells room is organized, our closet is looking quite nice, and the laundry room is at its best! I have to say it feels good to have it all done, although I am sure in the future, with more children and a bigger place it may not be the case. But I am sure there will be the days when my cleaning illness tendancies will kick in and it will all start over again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you getting organized! Guys are so funny about their clothes. Josh loves his hole-filled T-shirts. Granted, his job is a dirty one in construction, but some of his shirts are actually disintergrating! Finally I was like, look, you look like a hobo. You're the project manager, let's at least wear shirts that are intact! :)

Ashleigh said...

Oh, I remember the days of nesting! I got so much done when I was pregnant.

Bethany said...

Can you come to my house? :)

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»