Wednesday, May 24, 2006

come!


The past few mornings this week, Maxwell and I have spent sitting on the porch. It has been a nice time for both of us to sit and relax and watch the world around us begin their day. Maxwell enjoys waving to the cars, and watching the power line guys ( not sure what their title officially is at the moment...hey I'm pregnant!) do their work. The funny thing is though when people walk by. He tells them to "come". I have realized that this is coming from me. You see twice a week I pick up a friends son from school and take him home until about 5, when she comes home. They have a really fun black lab that I watch too, Maxwell loves to take her for walks and at times we sit on her beautiful wrap around porch and Max and Tish (the dog) play in the yard. Tish is really well trained and listens well. She tends to get her nose a sniffin' and begins heading down the street following whichever scent has peaked her interest. So when she begins to wander, I call out, "Tish come!" Sometimes I have to say it twice, and Max has caught on. Whenver I say it now, he stands next to me, like he is in charge and repeats it. It is pretty funny, he says it with such authority. The problem now is he is saying it to people. Last night we were sitting out again, and he kept saying "come, come, come!" to a woman on a brisk walk; she did not know what to think...or if he was even talking to her. I could not help but laugh. What stories I have, being a mother.

6 comments:

Alec Wojciechowski said...

utility workers...

Bethany said...

What a cute story

Danielle said...

That's really cute!

Ashleigh said...

Great story!

For me, seeing how my two-year-old imitates everything I do, is a good reminder that she is always watching me. It makes me look at myself and think, "Okay, what do I want her to emulate and what should I change because I don't want to see her doing it one day?" Children can be such great teachers ...

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»