Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Nurses Week!

So I guess this is nurses week, but officially Nurses Day is May 6. I know some pretty great nurses. But my two favorites are my sister-in-law Julia, and a nurse from my Dads office, who also goes to our church, Gwen!
I never appreciated nurses more than during my 36 hours of labor, without the nurses (and my husband) I do not think I would have coped as well as I did. They were there at the drop of a hat, and coached me through each contraction, and always knew just what to say. Makes this time around less stressful!
But back to Julia, who works at UW hospital, the same hospital we spent many days and nights at when Jared had his accident back in 2002. I am so proud of her to be working there, helping out others in need of her care and hearing the stories of her how silly she gets after long hours and little sleep...pulling pranks on the the Residents and Doctors :)
How can you not love Gwen, so sweet and her voice so re-assuring, she always makes patients feel comfortable and calms any worries. She is just great!
So, HAPPY NURSES WEEK to my two favorite nurses!

5 comments:

Julia said...

thanks anne!! that is so sweet of you, and it means a lot that you think so much of me! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»