Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Face to Face

"Now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known" -1 Corinthians 13:12

I love this verse. It is another reminder me to keep focused on Chirst. It is a tough world out there, and living life day to day is hard. You know how when we actually physically see someone it is so much easier to communicate with them, to understand them, to make them happy. I often feel like that about Christ. I wish that I could see his face when I am talking with him. But even if he were to magically appear everytime I wanted to talk with him, would I live my life differently when I could not see him again (even though he is always there)? I guess this is part of the mystery that is he. Something for us to long for, meeting our savior face to face. To see his face, and so much more! In all of his glory and almightiness we will see his radiant face and not help but to fall on our knees in awe and worship of our king!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

The idea that someday we will see Him face to face is overwhelming to me. I often find myself brought to tears at the thought. When my grandpa passed away in January, I did a lot of thinking about heaven and how my grandpa was now beholding the face of his Maker. Amazing!

As I shared on my blog, our pastor has been preaching his way through Revelation verse by verse. On Sunday he talked about the new heaven and earth. It's funny how heaven seems like such a mystery to us now, with earth the reality that we know well, that is familiar to us. Yet, someday this world will be a memory and heaven will be the reality. It's so strange and difficult to grasp at times ...