Thursday, February 26, 2009

Everyday food.

This cold is kicking my behind. UGH.
But I thought with all my lolly-gagging around the house I'd share some favorite recipes as of late.
Martha NEVER ceases to amaze me. I mean the woman does it all, and it's all good too. Granted she has a team of experts helping her, but still. She pretty much rocks. I dig Martha. A couple years ago my Aunt Sue got me a subscription to her Living magazine and with it came a gift subscription to Everyday Food. I absolutely LOVE Everyday Food. Every month (or sometimes every 2) I look forward to getting my precious magazine filled with tasty recipes. I page through, mark the ones I want to make and when I plan out our meals I get most of my recipes from Everyday Food. I'd say I use her magazine for about 60% of my cooking.
You can find ALL of the recipes on her website...www.marthastewart.com but I love getting the magazine which is only $12 a year. You can get a deal if you get Living and Everyday Food as well.
Her website is definitely worth checking out, which I assume most people have unless they have been living with their head buried in sand...but she has TONS of recipes on there, and I have yet to try one I haven't liked. She also has tons of craft and organizing ideas. Like I said, she rocks.
Anyway, here are a few recipes we've enjoyed recently. Click on the recipe title for the link to the recipe.





image:marthastewart.com
Healthy Banana- Blueberry Muffins.
These are a favorite Saturday morning breakfast at our house. They are moist and fluffy. The first time I made them I didn't have wheat germ so I left it out, and they still turned out really good.


image:MarthaStewart.com
Individual Pizzas with Pecorino, Arugula, and Tomatoes

These are great "lighter" pizzas. I've used different cheeses, and I've also used whole wheat crust (I get at Whole Foods) or you can make the whole wheat crust recipe on Martha's site. Either way, this pizza makes a great Sunday afternoon lunch.


image:marthastewart.com
Vegetable Lasagna.

This was so INCREDIBLY easy, and quite tasty.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few things...

First of all, did you know I've been a vegetarian for 2 years?
A lot of this stuff is right off my dinner table. Switching to vegetarian makes you try stuff, and be more creative than you have ever been, when you have a good cook in the house, anyway. Luckily, my mom was, as is Stephanie.

I love blueberry muffins!!