Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shoes.


Black shoes.
I have been on the hunt, the prowl, the lookout.
Searching high and low for the perfect pair.
Or at least a pair I would like very much.
No such luck yet.
I want a casual yet cool (that sounds so cliche) pair.
I don't want loafers...too old ladyish.
Not wedges...at least all the ones I have seen were impractical.
Gym shoes...I have more gym shoes than I need. Love them though!
I suppose if they were cute enough and black enough I would do it.
Not mules...at least I don't think so...I don't really like the way they look, at least the ones I've seen.
Not flats...have some.
Not heels...have those too, and I have kids.
So what's left?
If you have good black shoes or have seen some, help me out! AYE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been looking for some too. I have some loafers that hurt my feet. Comfort, casual, and stylish.

Anonymous said...

Black casual are harder. I have some boots and some heals from Aerosoles that I like...comfortable but still stylish. They both have a heal. I know what you mean though it is hard to find a black shoe that is casual without being an athletic shoe.

sarah said...

Have you seen the brand "Keen"? I'm obsessed with them--love the way they look. They have some pretty cool street shoes, but what I'm after is the "mary jane" style--looks casual and hip. So great. Can't stop raving. Need a pair myself!!!

Anonymous said...

They are expensive, but I have been coveting the black riding boots from JCrew for about 6 years. Cute low heel, rounded toe...very classic. I think that they are $240. I could have purchased them by now with as much money as I have spent on random black shoes, but anyway. They look great with jeans, cords, khakis,skirts,dresses; etc. And, they're boots! You just can't wear them in the summer. Oh, well.

Unknown said...

nice post!...I like black color and its my favorite...I have a pair of black timberland boots...i wear them all time