Friday, December 22, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas?


"We have arrived – lake front property
Don’t tell the authorities – they will raise our taxes!" - My Uncle Don

Is it not December? Is Christmas a mere three days away? Where is the snow? It has been raining since yesterday here in Wisconsin too. My brother in Minnesota told me they have snow there...so there is still hope for a white Christmas.
I got this picture in an e-mail from my Aunt Sue of their home on their "lake"-aka Lake Tony. It really is a beautiful Lake...family fun for all, the fishing is good, and the weeds and algae levels are all good.
In all seriousness though I am amazed at their ability to remain humorous despite "Lake Tony" overtaking their driveway for the umpteenth time.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Yikes!

Ashleigh said...

Ewww ... flooding for Christmas. Yuck. Did any of it get into their house?

It definitely looks like Christmas here. We have so much snow we can't get our van out of the driveway without hours of shoveling. Good thing we had the other car parked on the street. :-)