Tuesday, February 13, 2007

E.

Growing up so fast. I cannot believe you are already six months old! I have not been very good at keeping a journal about your life so far, but I figured I would put an entry here.
You have gotten amazingly good at maneuvering wherever you would like to go. The other day you were playing in your exausaucer and it has this curved worm that has beads on it that you can move back and forth, and you always grab the curved plastic thing and suck on it. Well, I look over and you had snapped it off on one end. You have some serious muscles! Now you are working on that star (in the above picture).
You are so sweet in the mornings, smiling and chatting away. Who am I kidding you are always smiling. Laughing. You have the best little laugh. You have a lot of different laughs. I think one of my favorites is when you are eating some baby food. With every bite you eat it up and give a laugh of approval and joy that you finally get to have food like the rest of us!
Your brown hair is coming in thicker as days pass, I know around this time your brothers hair began to turn blond, will yours? I love to see those big brown eyes light up as you peek them out while you play with your blanket. Peek-a-boo is a great game...I have to agree. Your cheeks and legs beg to be squeezed, and you rumble with laughter every time someone does.
You adore your older brother and soak up every word he has to say. He loves to help out and has been pretty good about sharing his toys with you. I can already see your many differences which will be interesting as it unfolds as you both grow. Theses difference will challange you both, but help you both. I pray that you two will become close friends.
I think one of my favorite things you do is your signature Evan move. Your "knee slapper" as we call it. Whenever you get really excited you wave your arms (as most babys do) but then you usually get one arm going really good on your knee, like you had just heard the most hillarious joke. It is so cute when you do that.
You just woke up, and are chatting away to me, begging to play, so this is all I will get in for now. Before we know it you are going to be one and into your toddler years. I will miss these times but am so thankful to have them to begin with.

7 comments:

sarah said...

he is pretty much as cute as they come!!!

Bethany said...

He is so adorable. And getting so big. Knee Slapper that is funny

Ashleigh said...

Anne, what a sweet post. :-)

Anonymous said...

I loved it! I love that he knee slaps! His eyes are the sweetest.

Anonymous said...

he is so adorable!! I can't believe how big he's gettign! So cute! We Miss you so much!

Ashleigh said...

Anne, we received your Valentine's Day card today. Loved it. :-) We have one on the way to you, but they didn't get in the mail until Monday night, so not sure when it'll show up there.

Zoanna said...

I loved this post, so full of detail I could almost see it happening. Sounds like this guy is always gonna find the fun in any situation. I encourage you to blog these little moments even on your busiest days. You'll forget too quickly if you don't. Or jot the gist of it on the day it was said or done, and blog it ASAP. Take it from a 41-year-old who both treasures her old journals of 19980-ealry 90s, and now with a five year old, but who regrets she didn't write more.