Wednesday, February 07, 2007

month one.


It is hard to believe we have been here just over a month. I have to admit it has gone by rather quickly. I have unpacked all but a few boxes (boxes of papers to be filed away...mostly my pack-rat husbands:) and even though there are not places for everything I would rather be staring at books stacked on the floor (because we have no shelves) than at brown Starbucks boxes. I saw enough of those when I worked there.
I met one of our neighbors the other day while outside. They are probably in their late 50's, (have children our age) and were really nice and welcoming. For buying a home sight unseen we have really been blessed in a wonderful neighborhood with a private park. Just beyond our fence and tree line there are horse farms, very beautiful horse farms. I have never thought of horses as a beautiful animal but I have a new appreciation for them since we have taken some beautiful drives around us.
Owning our first home has been interesting. Any problems are "our" problems whereas before we could just make a call to our landlord to come fix any problems we had. But there is definately a satasfaction to owning your own home, own lot, own space, not being attached to neighbors. Although, we have had some fun stories of neighbors who we could hear through our shared walls.
One of the best things about our new home is our master bath. It is beyond nice. The double head shower is great but the whirlpool tub...pure luxury. I feel very spoiled. Everytime we have used it, we always comment about how it feels like we are in a hotel. It is going to be hard when we move because more likely than not we will not have a bath like this.
Last night I got the oppurtunity to get about 20 minutes alone in the tub to relax. It was blissful. I don't ever feel like I need to "get away" from my boys for "me" time every week but I do get time to myself of course, but they are not usually planned and I really don't mind that. I guess it just makes me enjoy the moments I do get to myself all the more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I am so jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice bathroom! And how nice to have a private park and horse farms. I adore horses (always wanted a black arabian) and it makes perfect sense that you'd have a view of horse farms, considering you're in Kentucky! :)

Bethany said...

Very nice tub. Glad you got to relax in it.

Whenever I think of Kentucky I think of horses so I suppose it is fitting you have a view of them.

Anonymous said...

That's great!!! I love me's a big tub! I think you'll love Kentucky! I sure wouldn't mind a horse farm behind me!

Ashleigh said...

A big tub and nice bathroom can make ALL the difference. :-)