Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Easy Peasy Cheesy Loaf


So it does not take a genius to think this up, but we have been enjoying it with our dinners lately so I thought I would share.

Buy frozen bread loaves. ( really good for making Calzones too!)
Spread some olive oil on your loaf.
Let thaw and rise for about 4 hours.
Wet a knife with some olive oil and slice your loaf almost in half, folding it open. Add some cheese blend. I like to add Mozzarella, fontina, and Monterrey jack, and cheddar with a little Italian seasonings. Fold loaf up and seal (leave small hole for air to escape). add a little Italian seasonings and mozzarella on top and bake at 375 for 15-20 min. Yum.


Really good with an Italian dish and some red wine. :)

3 comments:

KT said...

I will have to try this...It sounds really good! Sounds easy too...always the best

Bethany said...

Yum! Sounds good. Thanks. Can't wait to try it. I will miss that glass of wine though. :(

Ashleigh said...

Sounds yummy!!! I love bread. I'll have to try it after I get off WW, or eat it using some of my weekly "bonus" points. :-)