Monday, February 19, 2007

my new ride.


Ok...for some reason I about died laughing at this cartoon, so I had to share.

Justin makes fun of me and that I laugh so easily at things.







So as most of you know we purchased a new car. I still feel sick about the whole thing(as wirh any big purchase..and the fact that our heating unit broke), but having a car is SO great. Not having one for about six months to having a really nice new one does have it's benefits. I also have always wanted a bigger car, and so I am enjoying it.
After lots and lots of research, and running out to test drive, advice from friends we narrowed our search down to two cars.
A Nissan Quest van (I really loved the Honda Odyssey too but there were only a few around and they were out of our price range...except for one but it had too many miles)
and a Infiniti Qx4.
We weighed the pros and cons of each ride and made our choice. Gas mileage was a biggie but they both got the same gas mileage. The Quest was calling my name;
"Anne, you swore you never would own a van, but now you know you need me, you want me, and I am yours. I am practical, convienent, and comfortable. You will grow to love me. I have become more attactive since 2002, and am now, sleek, stylish, and fun. Buy me!"

I swore I would never buy a van because I was always told that I would be a minvan mom, and for some reason loathed that idea. Also, both Justin and I grew up in families who had vans and so it made us not want one.
That Quest almost had me. I was liking the van, and Just was even buying into it, and he was even more against it then me at first. Then along came the Infiniti QX4. We took a few days to think about it, and decided on the Qx4. I actaully went in and worked on all the negotiations (since we did not want to bring the boys) and got it for a few thousand less than they were asking. The car has leather (which I do LOVE but it is just a added perk) but also has a DVD player which will be great for the boys when we go back to Wisconsin/Illinois to visit family and friends.

We are probably going to have at least one more child and so then we can get the van. Maybe. I don't really care for the super huge SUVs they are just too big, so then I suppose I will have to give in. I do have to admit they are beginning to look much more sleek than before... BUT, until then I am going to be enjoying my new ride.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the QX4's!!!! That's great news! Congrats! You think the DVD player will only come in handy during long trips? Man. Our kids ask me to turn on the DVD player when we run down the street to Target. I don't do it, but they ask for it. We also don't let them watch DVD's on our way to church, either. I try and keep it to a minimum, but it's hard to. I guess it's just like at home...although, it does come in handy during traffic or a phone call! Congrats again!

Bill M said...

I had the same sentiments about mini vans, especially since I'm a dad who has to drive it, but the 07 Quest SE is really a choice ride, especially for the kids. The room and power doors are a vital element managing our 2 kids. When you own a Quest, you are set apart from the Hondas and Toyotas lined up at school.

Anonymous said...

Hey now, Bill!

Bethany said...

Cool I am glad you found something you like. I wouldn't mind a smaller SUV. I like the new Acura and the Subaru but with almost three kids and a 75 pound dog I need more room. HEE HEE. We have not started looking yet though.

I am so happy you got something you like.

Bethany said...

Aaron has the DVD in his Truck...he has the Nissan Titan with the extended cab so long trips now we take that. We also have a portable one that I never get on an airplane without.

Ashleigh said...

I'm a huge Nissan fan. Go Nissan! Glad you went with them.

We actually have the Quest van. We bought it about a year and a half ago. LOVE IT! I feel spoiled every time I drive it.

Ashleigh said...

Oh, and that cartoon is pretty funny. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad you found something you like! Enjoy it! Oooo, leather seats! I've always wanted those but never have yet!!

Zoe said...

Heeey sweet SUV! Congrats on finding a new car! Pray that you have many same travels!

Zoanna said...

Gorgeous specimen of a vehicle! When we went shopping to replace our Windstar, I really wanted to switch over to an SUV, but the more we looked and weighed the options for our family, it became cleear we are still in the minivan season of running extra kids in carpool and sports. Besides, some of the SUVs we drove didn't offer the legroom for my tall kids (who are 5:10, 5'11 and 6"6"). I was between a Quest and a Chrysler Town and Country. The Chrysler won out, in part b/c I love the American "dog tag" as my dad says, and because it had the extra legroom. We only think to use our DVD player on long trips. What I love most are the heated leather seats.