Tuesday, April 17, 2007

yesterday

Unless you shut yourself away from all news, I am sure you have heard by now about the school shootings at Virginia Tech. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to have been there and survived, or to get the call that your son or daughter was one of the victims.
This event, like any that has happened in our history is tragic. Pray for the friends, families, and students of V.T. as they endure the loss of loved ones. When things like this happen, I am reminded about how short life really is. People die everyday; and while not all deaths make national headlines people are hurting everyday as they mourn the loss of loved ones. Growing up a handful of friends lost a parent, and I have even had friends pass away unexpectedly. Life does go on after people pass, but without Christ I am not sure how I would cope.
How amazing is it to have hope? To have Christ to cling to? To know him and rejoice in his glory admist pain? Many before me have endured much more in a day than I have in my whole life but yet they clung close to Christ trusted in him completely. Yet many times I have strayed when times were easy.
I guess what I am trying to say is that we need to continue to pray daily for our world. While I know that so many will continue to reject Christ, we need to remain steadfast and show his love through our lives. Live each day as if it were your last, live each day for Christ.

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I didn't watch any news yesterday, but Ted told me about it. How tragic. Good reminder of how as believers we have hope and a foundation to cling to in the sorrows and pains in life. Also, how we need to always be praying.

By the way, this might make a good post for Coast Moms if you wanted to expand it a bit. Just a thought. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's very sad, and I have 4 co-workers who have kids down there. Yesterday, we found out that 3 of them are okay, I haven't heard about the 4th.

We do need to pray for all involved.

Anonymous said...

Another great post from a friend. It seems like all of my friends are writing good posts these days! You are right about living each day for Christ like it was your last.