Tuesday, October 07, 2008

my boys.

In just a 8 (give or take) weeks, I will (God willing) be holding my third baby boy. It's hard for me to even believe that I'm having my third child, didn't we just get married? Life sure does fly doesn't it?
Maxwell and Evan are so different, and I wonder if baby boy #3 will be a mixture of the two. While Max is more shy and reserved Evan is willing and does pretty much anything. Maxwell sticks to one project and something he knows Mommy will approve of and is safe. Evan on the other hand is making some sort of diving pad, smearing some yogurt or smashing some cheerios into a rug to create some fun little side cleaning jobs for me. Nice of him isn't it?
It's starting to set in though that soon I will have three boys. I'm anxious yes, but also very excited. Sure there are times I want to rip my hair out, but most of the time these boys make me laugh. It is so fun to watch them grow as their personalities develop. It's a joy seeing Evan trying to count to ten, and answer Max as he asks what letter macaroni begins with and then repeats something like, " Yeah, M just like M as in Monkey." I never knew what a kick I'd get out of such things! They truly are a gift from God, and I see how he has used them both to change me for the better.
Just this morning Maxwell "read" a simple word book to Evan. It was so sweet. Brotherly love. I can't get enough.
I love these guys, and can't wait to meet my third baby boy!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Awww sweet boys. And your new little guy will be just as cute and great.

Anonymous said...

That was a sweet post Anne. Your boys are adorable. Can't wait to see the new little baby. Children truly are a blessing from God!

Les said...

Oh, Anne, I love that picture. Maxwell's eyes are so pretty... and Evan's lips and smile would melt anyone's heart! Can't wait to see #3 and hear what his name is!

Jane said...

A very sweet post, Anne. Love. Those. Boys.
Jaimee and I were reminiscing about them today and laughing.
Miss you all,
~grandma jane and auntie jaimee

Megan said...

oh, can't wait to meet that obedient, non-pooping, precious, compliant little man in november! (late november, but november of course. remember, none of that december talk).

Megan

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I can't wait to see your little guy. He is going to be so cute- just like your other two little guys. I bet you are dying to meet him. I am so excited for you guys.