*WARNING: If you are a man, you will probably care less about this post.
I get spring fever, and I get it bad. I have been sick over the last week and a half that finally today I got a chance to get out the ol' spring/summer bin of clothes and take stock. I am definately good on pants, but I can always find room for new shoes and t's. :)
A few spring/summer clothes rules/observations I live by.
1. Shorts are out....permanently. Look if you really must wear shorts, do it, but I ain't gonna pretend I love them. Those board shorts are actually pretty cute, but anything too above the knee isn't doing much for you.Hey, somebody had to come out and say it. But again, if you must carry on.
2. Capri's ROCK! If capris ever go out of style I will probably still wear them. I love them THAT much. I have a couple pair that I got when I worked at Limited, and I will wear them until the day I die, they are so comfy, stylish, can be dressy or not, and just rock!
3. Satan invented low-rise jeans. I swear, who can really pull those off without showing their entire behind? They are nast. I mean so are skinny jeans, and mom jeans but at least they don't show off your entire rear end. EW. We need more normal jeans. What happened to a good pair of flairs? I got this pair of jeans about 4 years ago at Gap for $14.99 as they were special pair for the season, and I still love them. They are my favorite, they have cute rear end pockets, and I ALWAYS get compliments on them. I should have stocked up...if only I would have known my slim pickings years later...and the fact that my body isn't quite the same but these jeans are still workin' it.
4. You can never have to many cute summer shoe options. Sure flip-flops are cute, and a dime a dozen, but you gotta go beyond the flip-flop people. Some cute flats, wedge sandals, if you are brave; heels, a nice strappy sandal. You get my drift. I am a sucker for shoes, especially in the summer since your feet are seen more.
5. Why am I able to buy a shirt with kitties on it? Ok, so this is totally random, but I have to say something. Our mall has a Sears right smack dab in the middle of it. So to get to stores on either side you have to go through it. Talk about bad clothing options. Sure here and there I see a few items I would consider taking a second glance at, but for the most part I wondered who could really shop at Sears? I had to stop at a rack full of shall I say, old lady shirts. Now I know all old ladies don't fall into the trap, but enough still do that they continue to make these clothes. I just could go on, but I will stop since I know all you who read my blog are stylish to the max!
5. A cute sundress/skirt always makes me smile. I honestly think I look bad in dresses, but in the summer they make some really cute and breathable dresses that I can't resist.