Monday, April 07, 2008

weekend.


all the girls: Liz, Heidi, Dana, Trisha, Angie, and me.


All for you Brian.:) These are my good friends Heidi and Brian who live in Milwaukee. They are the sweetest couple, and it is always fun to reunite with them again.

This past weekend I got to go home to Wisconsin all by myself. It was weird not having any kids to look after but also a nice break. On the way up everything went smoothly with my flights, except on my last leg we had to wait a little bit for 3 people whose planes had just arrived. The last guy gets on and has this huge ol' bag at which I was shocked they did not make him check and he is clunking the thing down the aisle causing a huge ruckus. The guy was out of his mind. I had a a good chuckle though.
Friday my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin Nicole(and her 1.5 year old Miles) came up to my parents and we all had a nice time together catching up and hanging out. Saturday morning my Mom and I hung out in our p.j.'s all morning and then I was off to the wedding I had come from. My friend Trisha from high school was getting married that day. It was a beautiful wedding and it was fun to reminisce with old friends.
Sunday I went to church and it was fun to catch up with people there, and then my parents and I went to
Justin's parents for lunch. Good times. Then my parents and I made a quick stop at Anthropologie (how could I not) before heading to the airport.
My plane from Madison was supposed to leave a 4:45, my connection was at 6 in Milwaukee, and then I would be home at 8. Of course things went wrong. The plane was SUPER late and there was no way I was going to make my connection so I had to re-book and get home via Chicago. If you have ever been to the O'hare airport, it is always busy. I wasn't going to get in to Louisville (which is about an hour away from us) until 11:15. Sigh. Justin found a flight to Lexington that was booked but I was going to try and get on it in Chicago. Well, I finally get to Chicago, and even early, but we sat on the tarmac for like thirty minutes and I missed the connection to Lexington by 3 minutes! While we were waiting to get in though there was like a service road outside my window, so I was watching the cars/planes and whatever go by and this guy in a golf cart was swinging his arms like he was Fred Flinstone driving the thing. It was hilarious. I think he was doing it for those of us waiting in line to get into our gates. Or maybe I am just crazy. Well, OK people, I was tired and not to mention feeling quite ill so it is possible I imagined the whole thing, but I don't think so! I picked something up in Wisconsin and it ain't pretty. I feel awful today, fever, chills, coughing, throat on fire. Good times. But I am glad to be home, back to the ol' grind and be with my boys.

6 comments:

Michele said...

What fun! I took a trip to my Mom's by nyself last April (Frankfort) and LOVED it! Nothing can compare to the quality time we had and just hanging out.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you had a nice weekend. Sorry that you are sick. We are sick, too. Get better!

Ashleigh said...

Glad you were able to have a weekend to yourself! :-)

Anonymous said...

That was nice for you to get away! Sorry to hear you're sick and about the flight issues.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

The guy with the huge bag reminds me of a Brian Regan joke. You should listen to it if you haven't heard it yet. It will make you laugh after seeing that guy.